Red Lake, Ontario Fly in Fishing Air Base
Our Travel Professionals Can Assist You!
The moment you step out your front door, we consider you our guest! We can help you plan your fishing trip, from your road plan all the way to Red Lake, to your flight arrangements, provide assistance with vehicle rentals, or, we also provide an affordable shuttle service from the Red Lake Airport or Winnipeg International, directly to our float plane base in Cochenour, and from there, a short flight in our float planes to remote wilderness fishing!
Overnight accommodations are available at the base before you depart to your remote lake. Free parking is available at our base.
Our Remote Outpost Cabins are scattered through remote areas in the Red Lake Region of Ontario Sunset Country.
Directions to Excellent Adventures By Auto
* Travel to International Falls, MN, USA.
* Clear Canadian Customs
* Enter Ft. Frances and Go East on Hwy 11 to Hwy 502
* Take 502N approx. 100 miles to Dryden & Hwy 594
* Turn East on Hwy 594 – (not left or West)
* Take 594E to Hwy 17W
* Take 17W to 105N at Vermilion Bay, Ontario
* Take Hwy 105N to Red Lake, Ontario
* Our Highway Directional Signs will guide you to Excellent Adventures float plane base.
* 2 miles south of Red Lake turn on Highway 125, Follow the airport signs
* Go past the airport and you will see our signs to the float base
* Follow Edward Street down till you see our float base on the Left
Directions By Private Plane
Guest of Cat Island Lodge or Excellent Adventures use Red Lake Municipal Airport. Red Lake Municipal Airport is located just north of our float plane base!
We can make speedy arrangements to either pick you up right next to the Municipal Airport in our float plane or bring you with our Van Service for departure from our float base to your Outpost or Lodge Destinations. Give us a call and we would be happy to figure out the easiest and quickest way to get you on your way to enjoying your vacation.