Headwaters Lake Outpost
REMOTE FLY-IN OUTPOST CABIN IN ONTARIO
Headwaters Lake Outpost:
Tied for our most requested outpost, Headwaters Lake outpost is located 120 miles northwest of our plane base in Cochenour. Headwaters Lake is part of the Cobham river system which offers two portages: one to Judy Lake and one to Cobham River.
There is a high-quality Fish Management Program in place at the Headwaters Lake. The policy states that consumption of fish is only permitted while the guest is staying at the Outpost. Otherwise, it is CATCH AND RELEASE only.
Bring your camera! You will need it to take a photo of you with your trophy fish.
Headwaters Lake Boasts:
- Lake length: 5.5 miles
- Lake width: 5/8 mile
- Maximum depth: 60 feet
- Mean depth: 20 feet
- Sport fish: Walleye and Northern Pike
- No live bait: only leeches, worms, and frozen minnows. Please use barbless hooks.
- Only cabin on the lake
- Consumption limit only: NO trophies out
- Portage access to Judy Lake: 20-minute walk
- Portage access to Cobham Lake: 2-minute walk
- 6-person occupancy
- Indoor plumbing and toilets
- The cabin is generator- and solar-equipped
- C-pap outlets in bedrooms
- Fish cooker and large barbecue on deck
- Screened-in fish cleaning house with running water
- 14-foot boats, equipped with 9.9 hp Honda 4-stroke motors
- 16-foot boats on both portage lakes, equipped with 9.9 hp Yamaha motors
- Full internet service at the cabin